PE & Sports Premium grant expenditure report for parents
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school headteachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
PE & Sports Funding 2018-2019
Click the link below to view the PE & Sports Premium Spending reports:
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers.
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs.
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games its children.
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport.
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.