Special Educational Needs and Disability
As a community school we welcome all children.
The school has a coordinator who monitors provision in school for those pupils identified as having special needs, at both ends of the spectrum. If your child does need extra support do not worry; you will be involved immediately and kept informed of any special arrangements made for your child.
You will also be invited to meetings when appropriate. The school currently buys in the services of a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Consultant who works alongside our SEND Co-ordinator (Mrs Clark), the class teacher, teaching assistant and yourselves in order to best support the child’s needs.
The school governor with designated responsibility for SEND is Mrs Devine.
Parental concerns regarding SEND
If any Parent/Carer has concerns, or wishes to make a complaint regarding their child’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities these procedures should be followed:
– Raise initial concerns with the class teacher. Usually any problem can be dealt with at this stage.
– Arrange a meeting with SENDCO ‐ Mrs G. Clark c/o Thorngumbald Primary School, Plumtree Road, Thorngumbald, HU12 9QQ. Tel 01964 623402.
– If conflicts cannot be resolved the Headteacher should be involved who can refer you to the
complaints policy if the matter remains unresolved.
– If there are still unresolved issues, contact may be made with Local Authority.
– At any point the parent may wish to contact the East Riding parent partnership organisation for
advice or FISH
The Equality Act 2010 is currently being updated and will be available this half term.
SENDCO: Mrs G.Clark
What is a local offer?
The local offer provides information on what services children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies, including education, health and social care. Knowing what is out there gives you more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for your child.
The local offer provides information on a number of things, including:
special educational provision;
social care provision;
other educational provision;
travel arrangements for children and young people to schools, colleges and early years education; and preparing for adulthood, including housing, employment and leisure opportunities.
Visit the East Riding Local Offer website by clicking below :