Below is a list of useful links for home learning for all children in KS1 and KS2
Early Years Reading and Phonics
We use this programme widely in KS1, this programme is free to use during this period of school closure, you don’t have to subscribe just follow the instructions on their website.
- Fun English Games: This website promotes children’s ability to debate. More suitable for Key Stage Two.
- Read for Good: On this website, children are able to create a short story that is fun and inspirational. From this, children can create extended adventures. This is suitable for all ages.
- ICT Games: This website has lots of exciting games for children who would like to practise their phonics and spelling of the high frequency words.
- Primary Homework Help: This brilliant resource covers many areas of English, such as spelling and phonics, reading, grammar, punctuation and writing for different text types
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG)
- Top Marks: The Topmarks website is safe and used in schools around the country and is great for English activities for Key Stage Two. It has fun games and activities to complete to help learn about Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling: This BBC website has a range of activities to help with Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activities for Key Stage Two.
- Crickweb: The Crickweb website is great for a range of English activities for Key Stage One and Two. There are a selection of fun and interactive Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar activities for Key Stage One and Two.
- Oxford Owl: Oxford Owl has lots of hints and tips for reading with your child at home. There is also access to a free eBook library of 250 books, along with suggestions for reading books and kid’s activities.
- Love Reading 4 Kids: A great link for news on new books, recommendations and emphasising the importance of books in our modern world, where so much is digital.
- Top Marks: This site has many links to some great reading activities including comprehension, deduction, fiction and non-fiction in a fun way.
- BBC Bitesize – KS1 These BBC Bitesize websites have a range of Maths activities for Key Stage One and Two. It has fun games and activities to complete to help learn about number, measure and geometry.
- BBC Bitesize – KS2 These BBC Bitesize websites have a range of Maths activities for Key Stage One and Two. It has fun games and activities to complete to help learn about number, measure and geometry.
- Top Marks – The Topmarks website is safe and used in schools around the country for its great Maths activities. There are engaging games and interactive activities to help learn more about maths topics.
- Maths Zone – This website covers a lot of topics from our Maths lessons. It has great resources, activities and interactive questions to answer.
- Crickweb – This website is full of times tables questions and challenges so you can improve your speed!
KS1 & KS2 extra curriculum resources
twinkl – offer – enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS to receive a 1 month ultimate membership free of charge for all curriculum resources – available to all parents and carers.
Classroom Secrets – The site Classroom Secrets Kids is available completely free of charge to support home learning. There are already lots of activities online and ready to use right now, more games and activities are being added all the time.